Southern Suburbs Orchid Society offers congratulations to all of the 2019 Trophy winners:
- Perpetual Trophy for Open Division – Herbert Aberl
- Intermediate Division – Elena & Terry Stiles
- Novice Division – Linda Bunning
- Winner of 2019 Lobb Trophy – Craig Trainor
Other highlights of Awards, Trophies and Accolades for 2019 include:
Southern Suburbs Orchid Society (SSOS) Spring Show which was held in September 2019. The following major award and trophy winners by category include:
- Champion Orchid of Show (SSOS Award), Champion Paphiopedilum Hybrid Award (Kevin Johnson Artwork Perpetual Trophy) and Champion Orchid by an Open Grower Award to B & M Larkin for Paphiopedilum Norito Hasegawa
- Reserve Champion of Show (OSCOV Medal) and Champion Any Other Hybrid Award to S & M Early for Clowesetum Brown’s Delight ‘Margaret’
- Champion Australian Native Species (Jerry Schaack Perpetual Trophy) to B & L Bunning for Dendrobium speciosum
- Champion Australian Native Hybrid (ANOS Medal) to C & G Trainor for dendrobium Australian Artist
- Champion Laeliinae Alliance (Vic Pearce Memorial Perpetual Trophy) to C & G Trainor Cattleya Jillian Lee ‘Southern Red’. See our SSOS Spring Show 2019 Highlights page.
SSOS received 3rd Place Award for Large Display stand at the 26th Annual Melbourne Orchid Spectacular “Experience the Beauty of Orchids“, which was held on Friday 23rd – Sunday 25th August, 2018 at the Boxhall Pavilion, KCC Park, 655 Westernport Highway, Skye. Further information on our display at the OSCOV Show can be found here.
Our July 2019 meeting was a special occasion for our club as our longest serving and life member Robert Harrison was very deservedly awarded a John Pascoe Fawkner Award, Gold level for his ongoing and outstanding service to Southern Suburbs Orchid Society over 25 years. Further information for this Award is featured in this post.
Congratulations goes to Open grower, Craig Trainor who won the category award for the Victorian Orchids of the Year 2018 | Laeliinae Hybrid Orchid of the Year (sponsored by the Mid-Murray Orchid Club) – Cattleya Jillian Lea ‘Coral Red’.
Southern Suburbs Orchid Society: Website | About Us | Contact Us | Facebook |Twitter
“Where Friends Meet”