Dockrillias – are also known as ‘Pencil Orchids’ and as an Australian native orchid, they are easy to grow. If you want to know more about them, come along to our Annual Spring Show – it’s that simple.
The Southern Suburbs Orchid Society (SSOS) is hosting its Annual Spring Show THIS WEEKEND – September 16-17, 2017, where we will showcase all things orchid, including our champion orchid displays, provide growing tips and demonstrations as well as sale plants and orchid accessory items for sale.
- This year SSOS will be celebrating its 25th Anniversary.
Save the Date: Saturday 16th – Sunday 17th September, 2017 (10.00 am – 4.00 pm daily)
Venue: N.G. Wishart Senior Citizens Hall, 964 Nepean Highway (cnr. Exley Drive) Moorabbin (Mel: 77/D6) – Ample free car parking close by.
- Public transport: short walk from Moorabbin Railway Station (Frankston line)
- Public Bus services to/from Moorabbin Train Station: 811/812 (Dandenong-Brighton), 823 (North Brighton-Southland via Moorabbin), 824 (Moorabbin-Keysborough via Clayton), and the 825 (Moorabbin-Southland via Black Rock & Mentone).
Entry admission $3.00
- Australian and exotic orchids on display
- Flowering orchids for sale
- Orchid growing accessories for sale
- Free guided tours and demonstrations
- Learn growing tips and hints
- Refreshments available all day – Morning Tea | Lunch | Afternoon Tea
- Wheelchair access available.
Download our SSOS Printed Spring Show flyer 2017 (PDF 383 KB) and share with your friends.