From a recent Leader Community News article by Emma Watson, Moorabbin Kingston Leader she writes:
“THEY’RE big, they’re bright and they’re coming to Moorabbin this spring — a colourful array of flowering and exotic orchids will be on display over a two-day show.”
The Southern Suburbs Orchid Society is hosting its annual flower festival on September 16-17 to showcase all things orchid, include growing tips and demonstrations as well as flower and accessory sales. The full article is available here.
- This year we will be celebrating our club’s 25th Anniversary.
Date: Saturday 16th – Sunday 17th September, 2017 (10 am – 4pm daily)
Venue: N.G. Wishart Senior Citizens Hall, 964 Nepean Highway (cnr. Exley Drive) Moorabbin (Mel: 77/D6) – Ample free car parking close by
- Public transport: short walk from Moorabbin Railway Station (Frankston line)
- Public Bus services to/from Moorabbin Train Station: 811/812 (Dandenong-Brighton), 823 (North Brighton-Southland via Moorabbin), 824 (Moorabbin-Keysborough via Clayton), and the 825 (Moorabbin-Southland via Black Rock & Mentone).
Entry admission $3.00
- Australian and Exotic Orchids on display
- Flowering orchids for sale
- Orchid growing accessories for sale
- Free guided tours and demonstrations
- Learn growing tips and hints
- Refreshments available all day Morning Tea | Lunch | Afternoon Tea
- Wheelchair access available.
Download our SSOS Printed Spring Show flyer 2017 (PDF 383 KB)